What We Believe
Statements of Belief
1. We believe in the triune God, the Sovereign Father who is the Creator of all things, Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God and the Holy Spirit a divine person and God indwelling.
(1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19, 1Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that the Bible is the infallible written Word of God inspired by God.
(2 Timothy 3:16, 1 John 2:5-7)
3. We believe that we are to wash and renew our minds daily by the word of God.
(Romans 12: 1-2, Philippians 4:8)
4. We believe that the church consists of all those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as the only means by which anyone can be saved.
(Romans 5:9-11, John 14:6)
5. We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues is a sign of the believer.
(Acts 2:4, Ephesians 5:18-21)
6. We believe in water baptism by immersion and the observation of the Lord’s Supper.
(Romans 6:3-6, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30)
7. We believe divine healing is provided in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and is available for everyone.
(2 Corinthians 10:4-5, 1 Peter 2:24)
8. We believe in tithing and bringing offerings into the local church. We also believe in giving and caring for the poor, sick, homeless and otherwise unfortunate.
(Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, 2 Corinthians 9:9-10)
9. We believe in worshipping the Lord in song, hymns, dance and with the clapping and lifting of hands.
(Psalms 47:1, Psalms 134:2, Psalms 150:1-6, Ephesians 5:18-20)
10. We believe in Spiritual gifts of the Godhead and that they are in operation in the church and in the lives of believers.
(Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, Ephesians 4:11-12)
11. We believe that Godly living and the pursuit of a Holy life should be the goal of every believer.
(Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:16)
12. We believe in the Rapture of the church and the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust.
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
13. We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ.
(John 14:2-3, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, Revelation 22:20)
14. We believe in eternal life for everyone after death in heaven or in hell.
(John 3:9-18, Revelation 20:1-15)